The Advancement Scholarship is a program for the gifted and supports dedicated qualified persons with experience on the job in the realization of the first academic studies at a university. The funding is provided by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. The "SBB - Foundation for the Promotion of the Gifted Professional Education" is entrusted with the execution.
- Completed apprenticeship
- A minimum of two years professional occupation after the completion of apprenticeship and before beginning of studies
- Special professional abilities
There are several possibilities to demonstrate professional ability, including the overall grade of the final examination of the apprenticeship or the recommendation of a current or former employer.
- Self-application, deadline: April 29th, 2014 to July 14th, 2014
Selection interviews: 12./13./14./15. September 2013.
- Grant of 670 Euros per month plus 80 Euros book allowance for full-time students
- Care package for children under 10 years (113 Euros for the first child, 85 Euros for each additional child).
- Sponsorship (income dependent ) in the form of a lump-sum
- 2.000 Euros per year for costs incurred by the program (fees, travel expenses etc.) for students participating in an in-service course
- Ideational support within the Advancement Scholarship is provided, amongst others, by a scholarship holder network, exchange within regional groups and cross-subject seminars.