Facts & FiguresRWTH Aachen
How many students has RWTH Aachen had over so many years? How many employees at the university make sure that everything goes smoothly from enrollment to research proposals? The university summarizes current statistics, trends, and developments.
Current Slide Set
RWTH Key Data
- 43,721 students in the Winter Semester of 2015/2016
- 6,763 students in the first core semester for a Bachelor's degree, Teacher Training Programs or Medicine/Dentistry Staatsexamen
- 2,952 students in the first core semester for a Master's degree
- of which 1,647 students previously completed a Bachelor's degree at RWTH Aachen
- 152 courses of study (12 private courses of study)
- 6,480 graduates in 2014
- 538 Professors (as of December 31, 2014)
- 5,230 Other academic staff (including externally funded staff)
- 2,722 Non-faculty staff (including externally funded staff)
- 701 Trainees and interns
- 9 Faculties
- 260 Institutes
- 9 Collaborative Research Centers
- 7 Participations in Collaborative Research Areas and Transregional Collaborative Research Areas
- 27 Research Training Programs (including 14 DFG Research Training Groups)
- 1 Graduate School
- 2 Clusters of Excellence
- 1 Institutional Strategy “RWTH 2020: Meeting Global Challenges”
Annual Budget 2014
- 839,5 Million Euros in total annual budget, including
- 330,4 Million Euros in external funding
Table of Figures 2014
Table of Figures
The Table of Figures presents the University with key data from the previous academic and financial year. It serves the generation of the necessary transparency of the University both within internally and externally, while forming the basis for the differentiated controlling instruments of the University, which are important "building blocks" of the modern university management.
Quality Assurance and Increase of Excellence
The information compiled in the report are intended to support the Rectorate, the faculties and the University committees in decision-making issues. Information from the Table of Figures is increasingly needed for external university matters, such as accreditation or the establishment of rankings. The Table of Figures therefore makes a valuable contribution to quality assurance and enhancement of excellence of RWTH Aachen University.
You can find current RWTH Aachen statistics in the RWTH Aachen 2015 Slide Set.
Supplements to Table of Figures
In the download area, you can find supplementary information to the print version of the Table of Figures. All documents to download are in Excel format, so that you can edit or copy the data if necessary. Additionally, the autofilter function in the heading enables you to restrict characteristics, such as a certain subject or semester.