Facts & FiguresRWTH Aachen
How many students has RWTH Aachen had over so many years? How many employees at the university make sure that everything goes smoothly from enrollment to research proposals? The university summarizes current statistics, trends, and developments.
Current Slide Set
RWTH Key Data
- 42,298 students in the Winter Semester of 2014/2015
- 8,440 new enrollments in the Winter Semester of 2013/14 (including 1,043 external Master's students)
- 6,790 students in the first core semester for a Bachelor's degree or Medicine Staatsexamen
- 2,987 students in the first core semester for a Master's degree
- of which 1,634 students previously completed a Bachelor's degree at RWTH Aachen
- 144 courses of study (Bachelor and Master)
- 5,915 graduates in 2013
- 512 Professors (as of December 31, 2013)
- 4,745 Other academic staff (including externally funded staff)
- 2,636 Non-faculty staff (including externally funded staff)
- 706 Trainees and interns
- 9 Faculties
- 260 Institutes
- 8 Collaborative Research Centers
- 7 Participations in Collaborative Research Areas and Transregional Collaborative Research Areas
- 25 Research Training Programs (including 14 DFG Research Training Groups)
- 1 Graduate School
- 3 Clusters of Excellence
- 1 Institutional Strategy “RWTH 2020: Meeting Global Challenges”
Annual Budget 2012
- 894 Million Euros in total annual budget, including
- 354 Million Euros in external funding
Table of Figures 2013
Table of Figures
The Table of Figures presents the University with key data from the previous academic and financial year. It serves the generation of the necessary transparency of the University both within internally and externally, while forming the basis for the differentiated controlling instruments of the University, which are important "building blocks" of the modern university management.
Quality Assurance and Increase of Excellence
The information compiled in the report are intended to support the Rectorate, the faculties and the University committees in decision-making issues. Information from the Table of Figures is increasingly needed for external university matters, such as accreditation or the establishment of rankings. The Table of Figures therefore makes a valuable contribution to quality assurance and enhancement of excellence of RWTH Aachen University.
You can find current RWTH Aachen statistics in the RWTH Aachen 2012 Slide Set.
Supplements to Table of Figures
In the download area, you can find supplementary information to the print version of the Table of Figures. All documents to download are in Excel format, so that you can edit or copy the data if necessary. Additionally, the autofilter function in the heading enables you to restrict characteristics, such as a certain subject or semester.