Awards Granted: Scholarship Prizes 2010 for Talented Young Aachen Architects
Once again this year, the three scholarship prizes of the German Architects Trust, each endowed with ? 4000, are awarded to graduates of RWTH University:
- Simon Kettel and Philipp Schneider (RWTH Aachen University) for the projects "Ersatzbrennstoffkraftwerk im Harz", " Haus für elektronische Musik", "Rudolf Steinbach"
- Luise Kister (RWTH Aachen University) "Von der Kraft des Wassers - Wasserkraftwerk in Chlus"
- Patrick Lingenberg (RWTH Aachen University) "Keimzelle"
Furthermore, the jury awarded five acknowledgments which are endowed with ? 1.000 each:
- Liana Laios and Daniel Tändler (RWTH Aachen University): Masterplan für Donhwamun-no, Seoul
- Lene Oldopp and Saskia Rösler (RWTH Aachen University): "Baukultur, Wohnen auf dem Land"
- Adria Daraban (RWTH Aachen University): "Das Slawische Epos", "Haus des Plinius"
- Johannes Jung (RWTH Aachen University): "Residenz des EU-Präsidenten, Brüssel"
According to the jury, the 52 diploma theses and student assignments, which were submitted for the scholarship prize 2010 by 46 participants on the recommendation of the university professors, again demonstrated the high performance level of architectural education in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Photo: Thilo Saltmann