Euregional Architecture Award
Euregional Prize for Architecture
The Euregional Prize for Architecture is a cross-border prize awarded annually to the best graduate project in one of the five participating schools of architecture in the so-called Euregion Meuse-Rhine, the European region spanning Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. An international jury of professionals will select the best graduate projects from a total of 30 projects and submit these nominations for the architectural award.
The Euregional Prize for Architecture has been awarded since 1991 and has been supported by an inter-institutional cooperation since 1995. The intense interaction between education, professional practice, architectural institutes and schools of architecture has resulted in a unique cross-border project.
The prize aims to offer talented people, such as recently graduated architects, engineers and urban developers, a platform that will facilitate their entry into the professional world. It is on this very same platform that the participating institutes are enabled to present themselves to an international audience and to get acquainted with one another’s teaching methods.
Organising the annual prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition of the participating projects alternately in one of the Euregion Meuse-Rhine countries, ensures the reinforcement and advancement of the European character and cross-border cooperation, beyond the interests of the people involved.
Cooperating architectural institution
• Architektenkammer Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)
Cooperating schools of architecture
• Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Fakultät für Architektur (Germany)
• Universiteit Hasselt, Faculteit Architectuur en kunst (Belgium)
• Fachhochschule Aachen (Germany)
• Maastricht Maastricht Master of Architecture+ & Interior Architecture (The Netherlands)
• Faculté d’Architecture Université de Liège (Belgium)
· Stimuleringsfonds voor Creatieve Industrie
· Gemeente Heerlen
· Vlaamse Architectenorganisatie (NAV)
• RWTH Aachen, Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Anne-Julchen Bernhardt, Tel.: +49 241 8093855