Department of Theory of Architecture
Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Axel Sowa
Department of History of Architecture
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Anke Naujokat
- Object-based research into the history of architecture, currently using the example of the Wallfahrtskirche and ideal city Scherpenheuvel
- Research into building typologies, currently using the typologies of villa, palazzina and casino in the Italian Renaissance, - Research on the rhetoric of architecture.
- Research into the phenomena of citation and copy in the history of architecture.
- Experimental research into the history of architecture, like the reconstruction of historical construction processes and mensuration methods.
- Research on the interaction between cultural heritage and its immediate context.
Department of Historic Building Conservation and Research
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Raabe
- History and Theory / History of Appreciation of Buildings
- The concept of Historic Buildings and Institutions
- Building Research
- Practical Historic Building Conservation
Department of History of Art
Univ.-Prof. Dr. phil. Alexander Markschies
Involvement in the Center for Architectural und Urban Heritage Studies, involvement in the key issues cultures of knowledge and cultures of collecting.
Department of Landscape Planning
Univ.-Prof. Dr.- Ing. Frank Lohrberg
Cultural Heritage is one of three main focal points alongside „Urban Agriculture“ and „Regional Open Space Strategies“
Department of Urban Design and Regional Planning
UNESCO Chair in World Cultural and Urban Landscapes
Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Kunibert Wachten
The Department of Urban Design and Regional Planning is host of the UNESCO Chair in World Cultural and Urban Landscapes. The UNESCO Chair, which was established in 2012, is part of the UNITWIN/UNESCO Chair-Program. The objective of the UNESCO-Chair is to contribute to the responsible and sustainable conservation and further development of world cultural and urban landscapes that are under considerable pressure to change. This is achieved by providing practical advice, carrying out fundamental and applied research as well as through diverse learning activities.
Department of Housing and Basics of Design
Univ.-Prof. Ir. Wim van den Bergh
Junior Professorship for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage
Jun.Prof. Dr.-Ing. Carola Neugebauer
Virtual Reality Group
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Torsten Wolfgang Kuhlen
Interactive exploration of virtual worlds using a variety of methods ranging from small desktop-like systems to aixCAVE, a room projection with a floor area of approximately 30 square meters.
Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Univ.-Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Leif Kobbelt
One of the research areas of the Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia is the development of methods for the efficient capturing and processing of geometry as well as the interactive and photo-realistic visualization of three-dimensional digital models. The research results are used, among other things, in the context of the conservation of cultural heritage.