REIFF international Office
Welcome to the website of the International Office of the Faculty of Architecture at RWTH Aachen University.
Due to the current situation, the REIFF International office will not hold any office hours with public access until the postponed start of the summer semester on 20.04.2020.
Nevertheless, we will of course continue to be there for you, namely digitally! You can reach us as usual at email@example.com. We would also be happy to call you back if you give us a telephone number in an e-mail where we can reach you and, ideally, write a sentence about the nature of your request.
Please also note the announcements of the "big" International Office of the RWTH at https://www.rwth-aachen.de/cms/root/Studium/Im-Studium/Internationales/~rdc/International-Office-Info-Service-Center.
Here you will find current and important information on courses and projects offered by our Faculty of Architecture in the summer term 2020:
Due to the current situation in dealing with the corona virus, the following regulations apply to study matters:
- the start of the lecture period will be postponed from 06.04. to 20.04.2020, this applies to all forms of attendance.
According to current planning, the lecture period in the SoSe will be shortened by these 2 weeks and will end as planned on 17.07.2020.
The responsible teaching units will provide working aids, scripts and digital documents, primarily for compulsory subjects, for the courses that will be cancelled due to the postponement.
- The election procedure for all projects, elective and compulsory electives, research fields and impromptu projects in the SSE will not be postponed. It will take place as planned from 15.03.-04.04.2020. The allocation of places will also take place as originally planned on 05.04.-06.04.2020.
- The project presentations for the Bachelor's topics and the projects in the Master's programmes will take place digitally. Overviews will be posted on the faculty homepage shortly. (please see the second link)
- The project work B2, M1 and M2 will start as planned from 06.04.2020. Expenditure and supervision will be carried out in digital form via video conference until 20.04. or until further notice. Further information will follow and will be provided in detail by the responsible teaching units.
- For the Bachelor and Master theses (B4 and M3), the known dates and deadlines also remain unchanged. With regard to the entrance examination there will be a certain goodwill after consultation.
For all theses the one-time right of withdrawal has been extended to 8 weeks from issue/start.
- With regard to examinations that are cancelled or cannot be held in the coming weeks, accommodating arrangements have been agreed with the university. The further procedure for this will be agreed directly between the examining teaching units and the students.
The departmental student advisory service can be reached by telephone during the known office hours.
- In order to be able to participate in the elective procedure for the SoSe, students who wish to begin one of the Master's programs in the SoSe are asked to register by the start of the semester on April 1, 2020 (not by the deadline of April 30, 2020), so that they can gain access to RWTH online and thus participate in the elective procedure.
This also applies to students who will study at our faculty within the Erasmus program.
- The libraries and labs are closed until further notice.
Maintaining teaching in this special situation is a great challenge for students, lecturers and staff. We ask for mutual understanding that impairments and imperfections will be unavoidable.
The Dean of Studies will provide timely information about necessary adjustments to the measures and regulations on the website of the Faculty of Architecture.
Here you will find an overview about all Design-Projects, offered for Master-Student in the summer term 2020: