Fahrplan Study Abroad


Application Deadline

You are most welcome to apply as a Freemover Student at the RWTH Aachen Faculty of Architecture. You are only allowed to apply as a Freemover if there is no cooperation agreement with RWTH Aachen University. In case of an existing agreement please apply with your Universities International Office or Faculty.

The following documents for FREEMOVER have to be handed in until May 31st to:

RWTH Aachen University
International Office - Abt. 2.1
Templergraben 57
52062 Aachen



The RWTH arch Worldwide roadmap will guide you from the application at RWTH Aachen to the end of mobility.
You will find information about the documents you need to turn in for the application, during and after your stay at RWTH Aachen.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact the REIFF International Office Team.

Fahrplan Study Abroad FREEMOVER



Confirmation of Academic Supervision

The Confirmation of Supervision 1 x (Original) by a German university teacher confirming that the scientific supervision for the research project has been agreed or/ and that he or her is taking care of the Learning Proposal (Learning Agreement). This document hast to be sent to the REIFF international Office, once it is signed by one of the following faculty members:
the Adviser to the Dean for International Relations
Academic Adviser

Language Certificate

For enrollment at the Faculty of Architecture as a freemover you have to hand in a Language Certificate
latest by September 30
th . This has to proof a German language level of C1 ( Europäischer Referenzrahmen ) , unless the unless the supervisor of your project abstains from a language certificate in German. In that case you may not be allowed to participate in other courses than the proposed project. If you want to choose from the entire range of the faculty courses, C1 - language skills are required. This applies only to project work.

Matriculation Certificate of Home University

In order to be enrolled as an exchange student at the RWTH Aachen, the REIFF international Office requires a certificate of enrollment of your home university for the period of stay.

Learning Agreement (Draft)

Learning Agreement (Draft)
Learning Agreement Draft Example

The Learning Agreement is used to document your planned study period and represents a provisional study plan.

Application Form

Application Form

Description of your previous studies , study status and motivation for the study at the RWTH . As well as the descripiton of linguistic and technical preparation for the semester(s) at the RWTH

Transcript of Records

The transcript of records describes your previous academic development at your home university.

Motivation Letter

The letter of motivation describes your purpose and motivation for the period of study at the RWTH in your own words. It should be to approx. ½ to 1 A4 page in length.

weitere Unterlagen

personal data sheet