The Buddy Program will help you to get in touch with students in Aachen prior to your arrival. As far as possible every incoming student will be assigned a homecoming outgoing student as well as a former outgoing student from the respective country at the end of the year in Aachen. You help each other getting started in your new Erasmus-country.
You are a new Incoming student and your Buddy:
- welcomes you at the airport, train station etc.
- helps you with registration, visits to the authorities, room hunting [registration office (Lagerhausstraße), health insurance (i.e. AOK Pontstr. 14), banks…]
- shows you important points of contact [Reiff, Seminargebäude, Chair of Landscape Architecture (Lochnerstr. 4-20), Chairs and libraries, CIP-Pool, International Office (Ahornstr. 55), careers advice (Eilfschornsteinstraße), student council, canteens, the university’s sports centre (Königshügel), general students’ committee, student union (Turmstr. 3)… ]
- gives you advice on subject-specific decisions [selecting your design projects, accompanies you to introductory events, myreiff]
- helps you integrate linguistically
- exchanges experiences with you
- settles you into student life in Aachen (parties, cooking, excursions, cinema, pubs, sports…)
- is your contact person when questions arise
You are an Incoming student and you help a new outgoing student:
- make preparations (first contacts with the uni, completing your Learning Agreement…)
- tell him/ her about the city and the university
- give him/ her a hand preparing linguistically
- welcome him/ her at the airport, train station etc.
- help him/ her with registration, visits to the authorities, room hunting
- show him/ her important points of contact in your city (faculty, international office, relevant authorities, libraries, university societies…)
- give him/ her advice on subject-specific decisions (selecting design projects, accompany him/ her to introductory events)
- exchange experiences
- settle him/ her into student life in your city (parties, cooking, excursions, cinema, pubs, sports…)
- be his/ her contact person when questions arise