COVID-19 Information and date regarding teaching schedule summer term 2020
Corona and teaching in the summer semester
Due to the current situation in dealing with the Coronavirus, the following regulations apply to study matters:
- The start of the lecture period will be postponed from April 6th ++ to April 20st ++ this applies to all forms of face-to-face events.
According to the current state of planning, the lecture period in the summer semester is shortened by these two weeks and ends as planned on July 17th, 2020.
Aid, scripts and digital documents, primarily for compulsory subjects, are provided by the responsible teaching units for the courses that are postponed.
- The electoral process for all projects, compulsory elective and elective subjects, research fields and impromptu designs in the summer semester will not be postponed. It will take place from March 15th to April 4th, 2020 as planned. The allocation will take place on April 5th-April 6th, 2020 as originally planned.
- The project presentations for the bachelor's project (B4) and all the projects in the masters’ programs take place digitally. For this purpose, overviews are posted on the faculty's homepage.
- Project work B2, M1 and M2 will start as planned on April 6th, 2020. Introductions and consultations will be provided in digital form via video conference until April 20th or until further notice. Further information will follow and will be provided in detail by the responsible teaching units.
- The known dates and deadlines remain unchanged for the Bachelor and Master theses (B4 and M3). After consultation, there will be a certain goodwill regarding the admission procedure.
For all theses, the one-time right of withdrawal has been extended to 8 weeks from the date of issue / start.
- Regarding canceled exams or exams that cannot be carried out in the next few weeks, fair regulations have been agreed with the university. The further procedure for this is coordinated directly between the examining teaching units and the students.
The student advisory service can be reached by phone at the usual office hours.
- In order to be able to take part in the election procedure for the SoSe, students who want to start one of the master's programs in the summer semester are requested to register by the semester start on April 1st, 2020 (not until the end of the period on April 30, 2020) to ensure their access to RWTHonline and thus their participation in the election process.
This also applies to students who will study at our faculty as part of the Erasmus program.
- The libraries and the labs are closed until further notice.
Maintaining teaching in this special situation is a major challenge for students, teachers and staff. We ask for mutual understanding that impairments and imperfections will be inevitable.
The Dean of Studies will provide prompt information on the necessary adjustments to the measures and regulations on the website of the Faculty of Architecture. Here you will also find a notification of mailing lists for the various study programs in which you should register.