IDEA League Summer School 2021
IDEA League Summer School
Climate Change and University Campuses
Application deadline: 21 June 2021
University campuses potentially may have a high impact on climate change mitigation, as they accommodate various high educated and skilled communities, who are well organised through students’ organisations, research and administrative bodies, and workers unions, among others. There is an increasing number of attempts to develop university-wide strategic plans and actions to combat climate change. Yet, a limited number of initiatives have been taken to mobilise university communities as active agents to mitigate climate change. This summer school facilitates an online interactive platform, the Climate Combat Lab (CCLab), which brings together students and academics to exchange and develop ideas on developing, testing and disseminating climate change mitigation strategy and action plans for university campuses.
The programme aims to:
- > Identify the drivers of climate change in the university campuses
- > Identify a range of effective practices addressing climate change mitigation
- > Develop a climate change mitigation strategy operationalising a new participatory model for inclusive
strategies and actions plans.
Who can apply?
This summer school is open for Master and PhD students of the member universities of the IDEA League Alliance.
RWTH Aachen University, TU Delft, ETH Zurich, Politecnico di Milano & Chalmers University
This summer school is also open to students from the ASPIRE League alliance.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Nanyang Technological University, Tokyo Institute of Technology & Tsinghua University.
How to apply?
You can apply for this summer school via registration website of the IDEA League.
Format of the Summer School
Due to the world-wide restrictions concerning Covid-19, this summer school is organized in an online format.
There are no registration, tuition, and accommodation fees. This Summer School is held digitally; there are no travel expenses.
This Summer School is organized by RWTH Aachen University Chair and Institute of Urban Design.
- > Prof Christa Reicher, Director
- > Dr ir Ceren Sezer, Research Associate, Transforming City Regions Programme
- > Hanna Potulski, MSc, Research Associate, contacts wth the student organizations
- > Seher Ulusoy, Student Assistant
- > Caner Telli, Student Assistant