Lehr- und Lernprojekte der RWTH werden gefördert
RWTH has been successful with six individual applications, three collaborative applications, and as a joint partner of a project at the University of Potsdam in a call for proposals in Germany. The "Freiraum 2022" call for applications regarding ideas for teaching and learning came from the Innovation in University Teaching Foundation. RWTH was the most successful university in North Rhine-Westphalia overall in this competition, which saw 204 individual applications approved in Germany and twelve collaborative applications and 45 individual applications approved in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Calls for the "Freiraum" funding line were first announced in 2022. The funding line is intended to promote innovative teaching and learning projects at universities in Germany on an annual basis in the future. The line is not focused on a specific topic and does not receive recommendations from university management because it is intended to provide the freedom for creative ideas to develop and experimental concepts to be tested.
At RWTH, the following projects are now being funded with a total of 2.4 million euros, the Faculty of Architecture is represented with its Master's program "Construction and Robotics" and the project "ROS-LP Teaching and Programming Platform":
- Algorithmic Battle, Henri Lotze/Professor Peter Rossmanith, Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences
- ROS-LP Teaching and Programming Platform, Eike Stührenberg/Professor Sigrid Brell-Cokcan, Faculty of Architecture
- Harnessing Spatial Data From Geographic Information Systems Using Virtual Reality Scenarios, Richard Gramlich/Professor Heribert Nacken, Faculty of Civil Engineering, and Professor Florian Wellmann, Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering
- Supporting Individual Learning Processes and Trajectories by Promoting Action Competencies Across Teaching Units in a Mixed Reality Learning Environment, Dr.-Ing. Christopher Brandl/Professor Verena Nitsch, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Learning by Video – Use of Video, Dr. phil. Katharina Böhnert/Professor Hans-Joachim Jürgens, Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Tutorials for the Lecture 'Introduction to Language Didactics', Professor Christian Efing, Faculty of Arts and Humanities